Get the new year off to a great start by preparing and indulging in these healthy dishes
- Poached egg and avocado on toast – we all know about the healthy fats in avocado, eating this meal will not only add the necessary protein, fats and carbs to start your day off right but it tastes really great as well.
- Tuna salad – an oldie but still a firm favourite with most, this salad packs enough protein for the day while still being light and tasty and very refreshing. Add a bit of mayonnaise or salad cream to add extra flavour or even some greek yoghurt with a bit of olive oil.
- Fruit salad – while this is a bit of an obvious choice choosing the correct variety of fruits to your fruit salad can make all the difference. Enjoy something that’s not only tasty but very good for you. Adding strawberries to your fruit salad will ensure you have your recommended amount of vitamin C as well as fiber which aids digestion.
- Stir fry – adding pistachio nuts to your normal weekday stir fry adds potassium, magnesium and fiber to your diet. Fry all your vegetables, add a protein of your choice and add the goodness that lies in pistachio nuts to complete your meal.
- Chicken breasts with shaved brussel sprouts – brussel sprouts are loaded with cancer preventing nutrients. Using skinless chicken breasts reduces your fat intake and the potassium in this dish will help keep your blood pressure down. Add celery, hazelnuts, lemon juice, olive oil, broccoli, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
With dishes so delicious, you will be finding every reason to stay in. But, if you would like to have some time out of the kitchen, make sure to visit health food cafes and restaurants.